Scott County Treasurer, Sheryl Jent, reminds everyone that Friday, May 10 is the payment deadline for SPRING 2012 property tax, payable in 2013. The statements were mailed out Monday, April 8.
Jent states the taxpayers have several payment options:
- 1) In person at the Treasurer’s office located on the east side of courthouse.
- 2) Locked drop-box located at the counter of Treasurer’s office to avoid waiting in line.
- 3) Call 812.752.8414 to pay by phone; however, credit/debit card transaction fees do apply.
- 4) Mail check along with payment coupon to: Scott Co. Treasurer, 1 E. McClain Avenue, Suite 140, Scottsburg, IN 47170. Non-sufficient funds will void tax payment.
Mailed payments must have a Postal Service postmark on or before May 10, 2013. Receipt(s) can be mailed to taxpayer if self-addressed stamped envelope is enclosed with payment.
To ensure prompt posting of your tax payment, please detach and return the SPRING payment coupon with your payment.
Banks also conveniently accept tax payments and offer Saturday hours that the courthouse does not.
Hours of operations are:
- SCOTT COUNTY STATE BANK
(Scottsburg and Austin)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8:00-4:30; Wednesday and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 12 Noon; Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- NEW WASHINGTON STATE BANK
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 12 Noon; Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- STOCK YARDS BANK
Monday – Thursday 9-4; Friday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- SCOTT COUNTY TREASURER’S OFFICE
Monday – Friday: 8:30-4:30
The Treasurer says if you can’t pay the entire tax amount due, please come in and make a partial payment to avoid any additional penalty.
Partial payments are accepted year round. Please keep in mind any unpaid taxes will automatically receive penalty after May 10.
Sheryl would like to remind taxpayers the following credit/debit cards are accepted as payments: Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express; however, there is a $2 portal admin fee plus 2% of property tax amount that is added and collected by LoGO Indiana.
If your mortgage company is responsible for the payment of your taxes, please forward statement to them immediately.