Indiana Senate President Pro Tem David Long (R-Fort Wayne) appointed State Sen. Brent Steele (R-Bedford) as chair of the Senate Committee on Judiciary for the 119th General Assembly.
“This committee will examine policies affecting Indiana’s justice system and study new ways to maintain consistency and fairness in our state’s court system,” Steele said. “I look forward to working with my colleagues to address the important proposals that will come before the committee.”
Steele was also named to the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Agriculture
- Senate Committee on Corrections and Criminal Law
- Senate Committee on Ethics
- Senate Committee on Insurance and Financial Institutions
- Senate Committee on Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Rules and Legislative Procedure
Committee hearings can be viewed online by visiting www.in.gov/legislative. Schedules and meeting agendas can also be found on this site.
The 2015 legislative session ceremonially began Nov. 18, with Organization Day. Legislators will reconvene Jan. 6, and by law must conclude by April 29.