Wednesday afternoon, Indiana State Police and officers from Scott and Jackson Counties arrested six on drug charges at various locations around Scott County.
Two of the individuals arrested received additional charges after officers found drugs hidden on their person at the time of their arrest.
The six felony warrants were all issued out of Scott County Circuit Court.
The warrant sweep consisted of officers assigned to the Indiana State Police Drug Enforcement Section, as well as troopers from the Sellersburg and Versailles Posts. Troopers were assisted by officers from the Scott County Sheriff’s Department, Scott County Probation Department, and Austin City Police Department.
All six of the arrested were transported to the Scott County Jail.
- Daniel Cole, 44, 1228 North US 31, Austin, is charged with Dealing Methamphetamine, a Level 4 Felony. He is being held on a $50,000 bond.
- Justin M. Roberts, 37, 5305 North Water Tower Road, Austin, is charged with Dealing Methamphetamine over 3 grams and Dealing in a Narcotic Drug, both are Class A Felonies. He is being held on a $100,000 bond.
- Tommy A. Pennington, 59, 6873 Jack Morgan Road, Austin, is charged with two counts of Dealing Methamphetamine over 3 grams. Both are Class A Felonies. He is being held on a $50,000 bond.
- Danny Ray Smith, 55, 1229 Wade Street, Austin, is charged with two counts of Dealing Methamphetamine, both Class A Felonies. He is being held on a $75,000 bond.
- Stephen W. White, 43, 924 York Road, Austin, is charged with Dealing a Schedule I, II, III Controlled Substance, a class B Felony. White was also charged with three additional counts of Possession of a Schedule II Controlled Substance, all Level 6 Felonies. The additional charges resulted after he was found to be in possession of Oxymorphone (Opana) and Oxycodone (Oxycontin) at the time of his arrest. He is being held on a $50,000 bond.
- Heather N. Gibson, 30, 405 East Main Street, Crothersville, is charged with Dealing in a Narcotic Drug with a Minor as an Enhancing Circumstance, a level 4 Felony, and Neglect of a Dependent, a Level 5 Felony. Gibson was also charged with Possession of a Schedule I Substance, a level 5 Felony, after she was found to be in possession of Heroin at the time of the warrant service.