A 28 year old Salem man was arrested Wednesday as part of an ongoing drug investigation with the Indiana State Police and jailed in the Washington County Detention Center.
Arrested was Brandon A. Durbin, 28, 1651 Sparks Ferry Road in Salem on the following charges:
- Dealing in Heroine – Level 3 felony, Dealing in Methamphetamine – Level 4 felony
- Dealing in Schedule 3 Controlled Substance – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Controlled Substance – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Marijuana – Class B Misdemeanor
- Possession of Methamphetamine – Level 5 Felony
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Paraphernalia – Class A Misdemeanor
Durbin also had in his possession several stolen guns and over $10,000 in cash.
Indiana State Police investigators served a search warrant near Salem on Wednesday morning as part of an ongoing drug investigation.
As a result of the search warrant, numerous drugs and drug related items as well as weapons and cash were taken into evidence.
At approximately 7:30 Wednesday morning, Troopers from the Sellersburg State Police Post along with officers from the Salem Police Department and the Washington County Sheriff’s Department served a search warrant for the residence located at 1651 Sparks Ferry Road in Salem.
The residence was occupied by Durbin along with his girlfriend.
Upon entering the house officers discovered and confiscated methamphetamine and marijuana as well as numerous shotguns, rifles and pistols.
While conducting the search, numerous items believed to be stolen from a Salem business were also located including tools, lawn and garden equipment and appliances.
Officers from the Salem Police Department then began a separate investigation into the items which were later confirmed to be stolen.