VINCENNES, Ind. – The Indiana Department of Transportation is hosting regional open houses around the state to collect input on its draft four-year transportation plan. INDOT needs the public’s help in identifying projects and improvements that will enhance safety, mobility and economic growth while protecting the environment.
INDOT invites the public to attend one of its remaining regional open houses listed below, which are all being held from 4 to 7 p.m.Eastern time.
Southwest Indiana: Tuesday, March 31 at INDOT’s Vincennes Sub-District Office, 3650 South U.S. Highway 41 in Vincennes
- Southeast Indiana: Tuesday, April 7 at INDOT’s Seymour District Office, 185 Agrico Lane in Seymour
- Northwest Indiana: Thursday, April 9 at INDOT’s LaPorte District Office, 315 East Boyd Blvd. in LaPorte
- East Central Indiana: Tuesday, April 14 at INDOT’s Traffic Management Center, 8620 E. 21st St. in Indianapolis
- West Central Indiana: Thursday, April 16 at the Ivy Tech Crawfordsville Campus, 2325 Phil Ward Blvd. in Crawfordsville
The open houses are an opportunity to meet with INDOT staff in an informal setting where discussion and conversation will be welcomed and appreciated. During each open house, INDOT officials will be available to address questions and solicit input on a variety of programs including planning, project selection, multimodal, highway safety, economic opportunity, local projects, public involvement and district operations.
About the STIP
To use federal funds, a transportation project must be listed or amended into the statewide transportation improvement program.
INDOT’s draft STIP lists all transportation projects considered regionally significant or planned for federal funds from July 2015 through June 2019. The document anticipates the funds available for various transportation modes, including highways, transit and trails.
INDOT develops the STIP in cooperation with metropolitan planning organizations, which produce their own local transportation improvement programs. INDOT reviews and incorporates the metropolitan TIPs into the statewide document by reference.
INDOT’s Draft STIP is available for public review at the regional open houses and for download at www.in.gov/indot/3132.htm. The public may submit comments through:
The web comment form at www.in.gov/indot/3132.htm,
- Email addressed to [email protected],
- Postal mail addressed to Michael McNeil, INDOT STIP Director, 100 N. Senate Ave., IGCN 955, Indianapolis, IN 46204, or
- Paper comment forms at one of the regional open houses.
INDOT respectfully requests that all comments be submitted or postmarked by Thursday, April 30. INDOT will then collate and respond to comments and questions on the record as part of the final STIP.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, INDOT can make special accommodations for persons needing auxiliary aids or services of interpreters, signers, readers, or large print. Please direct requests for accommodations to Rickie Clark, INDOT’s Office of Public Involvement, at 317-232-6601 or [email protected].