Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s Wildebeest water coaster took top honors during the 2015 Golden Ticket Awards ceremony, held this weekend at Coney Island in New York City.
For the sixth year in a row, Holiday World’s Wildebeest water coaster was named the World’s #1 Waterpark Ride. This top honor was announced by Amusement Today magazine, which presented the results of its annual survey of the “best of the best” in the amusement park industry during Saturday evening’s Golden Ticket Awards ceremony. In addition, the park’s Mammoth water coaster was named the #2 Waterpark Ride.
For the sixteenth consecutive year, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari were named the #1 Cleanest Park, outranking such parks as Disney World, Kings Island, Dollywood, and Cedar Point.
“For this award, we once again thank our amazing Hosts and Hostesses,” fourth-generation owner Lauren Crosby said in her acceptance speech. “We’re absolutely obsessive about keeping our parks clean – and always will be.”
In other categories:
- Holiday World’s Voyage and Raven roller coasters were named among the world’s Top 12 wooden coasters,
- Thunderbird ranked as one of 2015’s top new rides worldwide,
- Splashin’ Safari was named the #2 water park,
- The parks’ staff was named the second friendliest, and
- Holiday World was again ranked as a top park worldwide, tied for ninth place.
Amusement Today is an international monthly trade journal for the amusement and water park industries, based in Arlington, Texas. The Golden Ticket Awards are determined by surveys submitted by well-traveled park enthusiasts from around the world.