On October 2–4, 8–11, 15–18, 22–25 & 9–30, Meijer will present “The World’s Largest Halloween Party!” at the Louisville Zoo where little ones can dress up in their wildest costumes and set off on a magical journey through the Zoo. The ever-popular “Merry not Scary” party is celebrating its 34th year of being the sweetest party in town for families of Kentuckiana.
The party features costumed characters for guests to meet and greet in fanciful, larger-than-life storybook scenes throughout the Zoo. Plus there’s trick-or-treating for kids 11 and under.In an effort to be “green,” the Zoo requests that children bring their own trick-or-treat bag to the event. The Zoo will not be providing bags, but cloth bags will be available for sale for $2.
Oct. 22 & 23, Meijer will have their new Meijer Food Truck, “Sweet Ride,” at the Zoo’s front entrance to serve up free treats from 4:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 24 & 25, the Meijer Street Team will be at the front entrance handing out giveaways for families.
Oct. 2-4 & 8-11, PNC Grow Up Great will be at the front entrance with their Mobile Learning Adventure with games and giveaways for the kids.
Louisville pumpkin carving artist Donna O’Bryan will have 200 of her beautifully carved artificial pumpkins on display nightly in the Black Cat Crossing area with themes ranging from iconic movie characters to famous stars.
Fun themed areas include:
- Say hello toMumpkin the Giant Talking Pumpkin
- Chill out with two icy-cool princesses and a summer-loving snowman in theWinter Wonderland area
- Blast off and boogie down at theAstro Disco
- Skip up the yellow brick road to theLand of Oz with Dorothy and her friends.
- Marvel at hundreds of artistically carved and lit pumpkins fromBlack Cat Crossing
- DiveUnder the Sea and walk among jellyfish
- Have photos taken with prehistoric friends inDinoland
- Enjoy a zany tea party with a silly Mad Hatter in Wonderland
- Take flight with your favorite fairy and never grow up inPirate’s Cove
- Show off your superpower in Superhero City
- Halloween and playtime mix when you visit Toyland
- Your favorite books come to life inPNC Grow Up Great Storybook Land
While all main Party festivities are included with regular Party admission, several optional “thrilling” experiences will be available for the adventuresome (special fees and some restrictions apply). These include:
- “Mary” Go-Round” ($2 per person)
- Warthog Express Train ($4 per person)
- Kaman’s Handimals (starts at $10)
- Kaman’s Face Painting (starts at $8)
- Kaman’s photo packages (start at $15)
- Louisville Youth Board Face painting and sand art ($1 – $4)
- Fun gift items at the Zoo’s gift shops; Louisville Zoo members get 10% off
- Themed snacks and beverages like Spookies and Cream Dippin’ Dots and funnel cakes are available at concession stands, Louisville Zoo members get a 10% discount
The Zoo will close early for regular daytime visitors on nights when the Halloween event takes place; gates will close at 3 p.m. and guests can enjoy the Zoo until 4 p.m.
Halloween Party guests can enter starting at 5 p.m. Last entry is at 8:30 p.m.
This event is one of the Zoo’s major fundraising events and requires a special ticket for all visitors ages three and older. Advanced online tickets are on sale now atwww.louisvillezoo.org. Some event nights sell out so the Zoo encourages guests to reserve early. This event is rain or shine. No refunds or exchanges.
Halloween Party ticket prices are as follows:
- Non-Louisville Zoo members are $9 per person for an advanced online ticket for a specified night and $10 for a ticket the night of the event at the admission windows based on availability. Starting Sept. 25 guests can buy tickets at area Meijer locations for $8 that are valid any night of the event.
- Louisville Zoo members are $1 per person for the first two weekends (Oct. 2 – 4and 8 – 11) and must be purchased in advance online for a specific evening using valid Member I.D.; the remaining dates are $4.50 per person — Oct. 15 – 18 and 22 – 25 and 29 & 30 — and must be purchased in advance online for a specific evening using valid Member I.D. Louisville Zoo members can also purchase a ticket for $5 at the Zoo admission windows any night of the event based on availability.
- Groups of 15 or more can purchase discounted tickets online or by contacting the Zoo’s Group Sales department at 502-459-2181 at least 72 hours in advance.
- Parking is $5 per car (cash) in the Zoo lot for all those attending the Halloween event including Louisville Zoo members.
For more details and answers to frequently asked questions about the Halloween Party, visitlouisvillezoo.org/halloween/
“The World’s Largest Halloween Party!” presented by Meijer is also made possible by the sponsorship of Ford Motor Company, PNC Grow Up Great and Subway.
Additional support by UPS and Kentucky Education Savings Plan Trust, Councilman Steve Magre and District 10 residents, Nimlok/Signcrafters,
Delta Dental, Chili’s Grill and Bar, Nu-Yale Cleaners, Lead-Safe Louisville, Caufield’s, Gattiland, New Beginnings Family Services, Philpot Hay Company and Pepsico