Kyle Parker, 22 of Spencer was arraigned last week in Owen County add additional criminal charges were added relating to the murder of Baby Shaylyn Ammerman.
Those charges were;
- Murder IC 35-42-1-1 (1) Level 1 Felony
- Rape IC 35-42-4-1 (a) (1) and IC 35-42-4-1 (b) Level 1 Felony
- Child Molesting IC 35-42-4-3 (a) and IC 35-42-4-3 (a) (1) Level 1 Felony
- Kidnapping IC 35-42-3-2 (a) and IC 35-42-3-2 (ab)(2)(B) Level 3 Felony
- Aggravated Battery IC 35-42-2-1.5 Level 1 Felony
- Strangulation IC 35-42-2-9 (b) Level 6 Felony
- Obstruction of Justice IC 35-44.1-2-2 (a) (3) Level 6 Felony
- Failure to Report a Dead Body IC 35-45-19-3 Class A Misdemeanor
The charges were read to Parker via a video conferencing feed from the Owen County Jail. An attorney was appointed by Owen Circuit Judge Lori Thatcher Quillen. A plea of not guilty was entered into court’s evidence and a date was set for a future hearing.
Although the Indiana State Police do not anticipate any additional arrests regarding this case, the case is still under investigation. Investigators continue to follow up with interviews, re-interviews, video documentation and evidence collection.
Again, the investigative side to this case could take several days or even weeks to complete.
ANYONE with any information regarding the murder of Baby Shaylyn Ammerman is encouraged to contact the Indiana State Police at the Bloomington Post at (812) 332-4411.
Tips can remain anonymous.
The Owen County Prosecutor’s Office, the Indiana State Police, the Spencer Police Department, the Owen County Sheriff’s Department along with the many other Public Safety Departments and volunteers would like to express our appreciation to those who assisted our investigation in any way last week and those who will in the weeks ahead.
Without the cooperation of the Spencer and Owen County Communities, law enforcement’s job would prove to be impossible.