This past February, Sears Holdings announced its plans to shutter a number of unprofitable stores nationwide, but at the time did not specify exact locations.
Yesterday, the ailing retailer released a list of 68 Kmarts and 10 Sears stores that will close this summer.
In a press release, the company said the decisions were made after a “comprehensive evaluation of the company’s store portfolio that took into account historical and recent store performance, and the timing of lease expirations.”
Employees affected by the closures would receive severance, and have a chance to apply for positions at other Kmart and Sears stores, the company said.
All stores close in late July, unless otherwise noted.
- Kmart – 3216 E Third Street, Bloomington, IN
- Kmart – 3525 Grantline Rd, New Albany, IN
- Kmart – 1809 N Dixie Hwy, Elizabethtown, KY
- Kmart – 4025 Poplar Level Rd, Louisville, KY
- Kmart – 3911 Taylorsville Rd, Louisville, KY