The Indiana Department of Transportation announces lane closures and restrictions throughout southwestern Indiana for pipe replacement and repair projects in multiple locations.
Near the end of August, motorists will begin seeing short-term closures and restrictions on state routes district wide. INDOT maintenance crews will begin working on culvert pipes across state routes. The work, in many cases will require some excavation work, making closures necessary. Closures or restrictions are scheduled to be less than a week long, depending upon weather conditions.
Residential traffic will have access to the point of closure. INDOT encourages all other motorists to use the official detours set forth using the nearest state routes. During the closures, to avoid further inconvenience and enhance safety, motorists should leave extra time to get to their destinations, slow down in the work zones and minimize distractions while driving.
Listed below is a summary of some of the planned work zones.
– Beginning on or around Sept. 1, State Road 450 near Shoals will be closed for a pipe replacement at mile marker 3.The road will be closed from U.S. 50 to 158. The official detour uses U.S. 50, S.R. 37, U.S. 150 and S.R. 450.
– Beginning on or around Sept. 7, U.S. 50 near Bedford will be closed from S.R. 60 to S.R. 37 for two pipe replacement projects at mile markers 57 and 62. The official detour uses S.R. 37, S.R 60, and U.S. 50.
– Beginning on or around Aug. 29, S.R. 37 near English will be closed from U.S. 150 to S.R. 64 East for a pipe replacement between mile marker 42 and 43. The official detour uses U.S. 150, S.R. 56, S.R. 145, S.R. 64 and S.R. 37.
– Beginning on or around Sept. 21, S.R. 356 near Otwell will be closed at County Road 825 E for a pipe replacement. Local traffic will have access to the point of closure.
– Beginning on or around Sept. 19, S.R. 257 near Washington will close for two pipe replacements at C.R. 500 S and C.R. 550 S. The road will be open to the point of closure, and local traffic will have access.
– Beginning on or around Sept. 6, S.R. 241 southwest of Monroe City will close between U.S. 41 and S.R. 61 for a pipe replacement at mile marker 8. The official detour uses U.S. 41, S.R. 56, S.R. 57, S.R. 61 and S.R. 241.
– Beginning on or around Sept. 12, S.R. 550 near Bruceville will be closed between S.R. 67 and U.S. 50 for a pipe replacement at mile marker 6. The official detour uses S.R. 67, U.S. 41, and U.S. 50.
– S.R. 61 beginning on or around Sept. 12 at three locations; from MM 11 Just north of Boonville to MM 15 near the Rolling Acres area. Local traffic will have access
– Beginning on or around Sept. 26, S.R. 66 at the MM 93 between S.R. 70 at Derby and S.R. 166 at Tobinsport. Local traffic will have access.