The annual Orleans Fall Fun Fest in the Park will be Sat., October 8, 2016 in Historic Congress Square (Town Park).
A host of fun fall family type activities and special events are planned for downtown Orleans on this Saturday including the following:
PHOTO EXHIBIT @ Chamber Welcome Center (north side of square)
- *Special Exhibit featuring the works of local photographers Katlin Percifield and Cindy Cornett Seigle. Come see the heart and soul of Indiana’s past and present as seen through the camera lenses of these two talented artists.
- 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. OC HomeGrown Orleans Farmers Market
Congress Square Appreciation Day
- Fresh produce, hand crafted items, Buck a Book, Fall décor, Doodles the Clown Face Painting. (West side of Square)
OC Homegrown 5K run/walk
- Registration begins at 9 a.m. with race starting at 10 a.m. Event begins from Orleans Jr.-Sr. High School
9 a.m. First Ever Pet Photo Scavenger Hunt.
Sponsored by Kirk Veterinary Service
- Contestants operate as individual groups with their pet and go around town taking
- pictures of themselves (including their pet) with various items. The groups will meet at Kirk Veterinary (located on the S. Side of Town Square) at 9 am to pick up the information packets and pay the registration fee. There will be a $2.00 fee for each group to participate. Groups will have 2 hours to complete their task and return to our office. We will ask that all pictures be e-mailed to us and we will pick a winner out of the groups. The prize will be a thermal tote full of goodies for them and their pet.
9:30 a.m. Great Chamber Chili Cook-off @ Town Hall (Community Room)
- (Bring your best chili recipe, 1 quart of hot soup in crock pot)
- Entries accepted from 9:00 to 9:15 a.m. Judging @ 9:30 a.m.
10 a.m.-? Tri Kappa Harvest Corner (Town Park)
- Pecans, Carmel Apples, Cupcakes, Sugar Cookies
Children activities, Decorate your own Pumpkin.
11:00 a.m. Free Lunchtime Concert in the Park-Lick Creek Band (Bicentennial Stage near basketball court)
11:00 a.m.-? Food served (north side of square)
- Orange Co Cattlemen’s Assoc Steak Sandwiches, drinks & more
- OHS Jr. After Prom Parents will be serving up
- Creek Bank Potatoes. (While they last)
- Orleans Municipal Fire Burger Burn (near ball court)
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks
- Indiana Trailblazers 12U Team Fundraiser
- Sloppy Joes, Coneys, Hot Dogs, Chips & Drinks
12 Noon to? Corn Hole Tourney sponsored by
- Orleans Municipal Fire Department (Ball Court)
- Please register by 11:30 a.m. $10 per team
- Arts & Crafts in the Park
Phi Beta Psi Autumn Sweet Table
- Homemade baked goods, hot mulled cider, prize drawings
- Paint in the Park Demonstration
- Mum & Pumpkin Sale by Pat’s Plants @ Bandstand