Applications for the 2016 Christmas Assistance Program serves Washington County children who are age 16 and younger.
This is an income based program.
You can fill out applications at Southern Hills Church 1645 S. State Rd. 135, Salem, IN between the hours of 8:30am-4:00pm Monday-Friday.
- October 20th 1-7pm • October 21st 1-5pm • October 22nd 10-3pm
- October 24th thru November 11th 10am-12 noon & 1pm-3pm Mon-Fri
Applications will not be accepted after November 11th, 2016.
Total household income must fall within 2016 income guidelines.
Applicants need to bring with them:
- Photo ID for you and every person living with you 18 years or older
- Birth Certificates for newborn – 16 yrs. old.
- If you are not the parent- bring legal documents to verify custody
- Proof of Address- current utility bill or rent statement in the name of Head of Household.
- Award Letter- Examples include Food Stamps, SSI, Medicaid, TANF, Social Security, Unemployment or Disability. Bring all that apply for everyone in the household.
- If applicant does not receive benefits – please bring 2 most current paycheck stubs.
- Sizes- Correct Sizes for Each Child for infant through 16 years of age.
** Proof is needed for everyone in the household bringing in income or assistance. **
According to Southern Hills, applicants will not be allowed to start the application process without these documents.
If you have further questions or need more information call our office at 812-883-1637.