SHARE

This is a picture of Zink’s cave, circa 1900, which is currently located in the old Hobbs Quarry, on West Market St.

Pioneer historians claim that a band of the Delaware Indians, under the leadership of Chief Highland, lived here and it was their old medicine woman, who the Prophet had tied to a tree & burned to death in 1806-07, as a witch. unnamed

Washington County Historian Jeremy Elliotwill be taking the Washington County Junior Historical Society there, this Saturday, for a field trip!