After a months-long investigation, the Washington County Drug Task Force arrested a 25-year-old Salem man for dealing cocaine.
Devan Wayne Hinton Gilley, 1003 Aspen Drive, Salem was arrested on Thursday, March 23. He was booked into the Washington County Detention Center and is being held on $25,000 bond.
Police had received tips from the community as well as other law enforcement agencies who responded to five overdose calls where victims alleged Gilley had sold them heroin.
All the overdose victims survived.
Gilley was arrested in the parking lot of Aspen Meadows as he attempted to run from officers.
He was charged with:
- Dealing in cocaine or a narcotic drug, a Level 4 Felony.
- Dealing in cocain or a narcotic drug, a Level 5 Felony.
- Dealing in cocaine or a narcotic drug, a Level 5 Felony.
- Corrupt Business Influence, a Level 5 Felony.
- Resisting Arrest, a Class A Misdemeanor.
- Possession of a synthetic drug or synthetic drug lookalike substance, a Class A Misdemeanor.
Assisting agencies included the Salem Police Department, Washington County Sheriff’s Department, Pekin Town Marshall’s office, Indiana State Police and the Washington County Prosecuting Attorney’s office.
To report a crime, call the Washington County Tip Line at 812.883.6566.