There will be a lunch and learn at the Washington County Government Center, 806 Martinsburg Rd from Noon – 1p.
Join the Indiana Department of Child Services Washington County, the Washington County Prevent Child Abuse Council and Hoosier Hills PACT to learn more about drugs and their impact on the children in our community.
The speakers will be Indiana State Police Sergeant Jerry Goodin and Washington County Prosecutor Dustin Houchin.
The event will be sponsored by the Washington County Substance Abuse Council.
Donations will be accepted with the proceeds going to the Washington County Child Abuse Council to fund activities/programs for the children in our community.
More information and resources are available on the DCS April Child Abuse Prevention Awareness web page:http://in.gov/dcs/3486.htm
How can you help prevent abuse and neglect?
- If you suspect abuse or neglect, please call the Indiana Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-800-5556.
- Reach out to parents that you know and offer a hand or emotional support.
- Volunteer time to programs that help parents.
- Let all of the children in your life know that that they can depend on you.
- Advocate for community services to help families.
- Report suspected child abuse or neglect.
- Consider becoming a foster parent.