Indiana State Fair patrons may want to bring much bigger appetites to the annual event this summer after Fair officials today announced its 2017 theme, the “Wonderful World of Food.”
We all love food. We grow it, sell it, cook it and eat it!
And at the 2017 Indiana State Fair we will celebrate it with a featured food each day of the Fair from Aug. 4 to Aug. 20.
All the featured foods will include a spotlight on Indiana farmers who produce the various items.
Fairgoers will be able to enjoy samples, cooking demonstrations, food eating contests, fun recipes to share and so much more. The dates and featured foods include:
- Aug. 4 – Deep Fried Food (Soybean Farmer)
- Aug. 5 – Melon (Melon Farmer)
- Aug. 6 – Popcorn (Popcorn Farmer)
- Aug. 7 – Salsa/Ketchup (Tomato Farmer)
- Aug. 8 – Egg (Egg Farmer)
- Aug. 9 – Pork Burger (Pig Farmer)
- Aug. 10 – Funnel Cake (Wheat Farmer)
- Aug. 11 – Cheese (Dairy Farmer)
- Aug. 12 – Beef (Beef Farmer)
- Aug. 13 – Ice Cream (Dairy Farmer)
- Aug. 14 – Apples (Apple Farmer)
- Aug. 15 – Mint (Mint Farmer)
- Aug. 16 – Corn Dog (Corn Farmer)
- Aug. 17 – On-A-Stick Day (Tree Farmer)
- Aug. 18 – Turkey Leg (Turkey Farmer)
- Aug. 19 – Pickles (Cucumber Farmer)
- Aug. 20 – Honey (Beekeeper)
“Hoosiers have deep connections to food, and there is no better place to showcase how much fun we can have with food than the Great Indiana State Fair” said Cindy Hoye, Executive Director, Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center. “We want to shine the spotlight on all our state has to offer, and we look forward to the celebration of our ‘Wonderful World of Food’ at this year’s Fair.”
Fair organizers also hope attendees will help in sharing the story of how Indiana is feeding the world. Additionally, Fairgoers will get to enjoy many of the featured foods, along with their traditional Fair food favorites, at more than 90 food stands throughout the Fairgrounds.
Stay tuned for more exciting announcements – including a new attraction, food-themed exhibits and the Free Stage line up – leading up to opening day on Friday, August 4th, and join us in celebrating the “Wonderful World of Food” at the 2017 Indiana State Fair.