Fans should arrive early on Saturday, April 15th for the second annual Kids Opening Day presented by Frisch’s Big Boy before the Reds take on the Brewers at 1:10 p.m.
New for 2017, the free block party at The Banks will feature Cincinnati Reds players walking the red carpet starting at approximately 10:30 a.m. Fans can line up along Freedom Way to see the parade, which will begin at Walnut Street and end inside the ballpark. Kids club members wearing their 2017 Reds Heads jersey will have access to a special VIP area in the ballpark for the parade.
- 9 a.m.: Free block party at The Banks opens
- 10:30 a.m.: Reds players walk the red carpet
- 11:40 a.m.: Ballpark gates open
- Noon: Mr. Redlegs, Mr. Red, Rosie Red and Gapper lead parade featuring more than 20 mascots
- 1:10 p.m.: Brewers vs. Reds first pitch
BLOCK PARTY ACTIVITIES
- Face painters and jugglers from the Cincinnati Circus
- Photo ops with Cleatus at the FOX Sports Ohio booth
- Pedal car races with the Scotts Reds Rally Pack
- Appearances by STAR WARS™ characters
- Tips and info from Raising A Reds Fan
- SWAT Team Truck from the Cincinnati Police Department
- Fire Truck from the Cincinnati Fire Department
- Free samples from Hershey’s
- Video game trailer and mini jet from the U.S. Air Force
- Live music from all kids band Saving Escape
- Miniature therapy horses from Seven Oaks Farm
- Sean “Strong Man” McCarthy performing feats of strength
- Educational station from the Newport Aquarium
- Music education and instrument “show and tell” from Buddy Roger’s Music
- Special giveaways for Reds Heads Kids Club members
- Booths and displays from Frisch’s Big Boy, CollegeAdvantage, PNC Bank, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and Klosterman Bakery.
All kids attending the game will receive a free Reds cap, thanks to Frisch’s Big Boy.
The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum will be offering $2 admission on Kids Opening Day for kids age 17 and younger.
Kids can line up after the game to run the bases, presented by Entenmann’s Little Bites.
More information on Kids Opening Day can be found at reds.com/KidsOpeningDay. Activities and schedule subject to change.