Under a $212,000 INDOT contract, workers will mow, trim and remove litter along these right-of-ways:
- Interstate 64 from mile marker 117.0 near Georgetown to the Sherman Minton bridge
- I-265 from I-64 to State Road 265
- S.R. 265 from I-265 to New Albany Pike
- Browns Station Way from Randolph Avenue to I-65
- I-65 from Old S.R. 311/Sellersburg to Kennedy & Lincoln bridges
INDOT officials advise motorist to be alert for tractors/mowers, vehicles and workers entering and leaving roadside areas.
These mowing operations are weather dependent.
They should be completed in five work days.
This is the first of four mowing cycles within this contract which was awarded in February to Whites General Contracting of Winamac.