Two men who were shot on Salem’s Bypass last night have now been identified by police. 

The victim transported to the University of Louisville Hospital by air ambulance last evening after being shot has been identified as Delquan Edward Standard, 19, from Louisville, KY.

The deceased victim has been identified as Marty Jay Patterson, III, 18, from Louisville, KY.

Patterson was taken to St. Vincent Salem Hospital where he died as a result of nine gunshot wounds to his torso and one to the leg. 

The autopsy was completed this morning at the Kentucky Medical Examiner’s Office in Louisville, KY preliminarily revealed Patterson died from multiple gunshot wounds to his body.

According to Indiana State Police Public Information Officer Jerry Goodin, these autopsy results are preliminary pending results from toxicology tests that usually take up to six weeks to complete.

At this time detectives are still looking for possible witnesses who may have been on the Salem Bypass from 9:15 pm to 9:30 pm.

At approximately 9:26 pm Wednesday evening, a 911 call came into the Washington County 911 center of two men injured on the side of the road on the Salem Bypass just west of State Road 60.

Police and Washington County EMS were dispatched to the scene. Officers from the Salem City Police along with deputies from the Washington County Sheriff’s Department responded to the location.

When police arrived they discovered two male subjects on the side of the roadway that had been shot.

There was no vehicle at the scene.

According to SPD Officer Russell Wilcoxson, one of the victims had been shot nine times in the torso and the leg. The other man had been shot in the back of the head. 

“They stated they were from Louisville and they were lost and didn’t know where they were at,” said Wilcoxson. “They wouldn’t tell us names or a description of the vehicle they were in.”

It is not known if both men were shot with the same gun or with different caliber handguns. 

Wilcoxson did say the other two men in the vehicle were also reportedly from Louisville.

Wilcoxson said “the victims stated that they came up here and the two guys driving the car kicked them out…once they kicked them out, and they were on the side of the road, they started shooting them and then took off.”

Indiana State Police Crime Scene Investigators along with Indiana State Police Detectives processed the crime scene and know that at least one shooter left the crime scene.

The western portion of the bypass between State Road 60 and State Road 135 was closed last night to traffic for approx. two hours. 

There are no suspects.

If anyone has any information you are encouraged to contact the Indiana State Police Post at 1-800-872-6743 or 812-246-5424. Callers can remain anonymous.

Detectives still believe at least one and maybe more suspects are on the loose.