Last night at approximately 8:10, Trooper Nathaniel Kern was patrolling in the area of Holland when he observed the driver of a 1998 Mercedes disregard the stop sign at Kentucky Street and SR 161.
The vehicle was stopped on SR 161 north of CR 1150 South.
The driver was identified as Tiffany Reed, 29, of Jasper.
The front seat passenger was identified as Michael Gross, 42, of Santa Claus.
Both were arrested and charged:
- Tiffany Reed, 29, Jasper
- Michael Gross, 42, Santa Claus
- Possession of Methamphetamine, Level 4 Felony
- Possession of Narcotic Drug, Level 6 Felony
- Carrying a Handgun without a License, Class A Misdemeanor Gross was also charged with Theft, a Level 6 Felony, for the alleged stolen Kimber .380 handgun.
Due to suspicious circumstances Trooper Kern requested assistance from Dubois County Deputy Monarrez and his K-9, Karma.
After arriving the K-9 walked around the vehicle and alerted to the presence of narcotics.
When officers searched the vehicle they discovered several loaded handguns, 27 grams of methamphetamine and a small amount of heroin.
- Star 9 mm handgun with one round in the chamber and five rounds in the magazine
- Uzi .22 caliber handgun with a live round in the chamber and 18 rounds in the magazine
- Springfield Armory .45 caliber handgun with seven rounds
- Kimber .380 caliber handgun with five rounds
Further investigation revealed the Kimber .380 handgun was reported stolen out of Vanderburgh County.
Troopers also discovered Reed and Gross did not have a license to carry a handgun. They were both arrested and taken to the Dubois County Jail where they later posted bond and were released.
Arresting Officer: Trooper Nathaniel Kern, Indiana State Police
Assisting Officers: Trooper Kurtis Blunk, Deputy Josh Smith, Deputy Clint Gogel and Deputy Jesus Monarrez and K-9, Karma
All criminal defendants are to be presumed innocent until, and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.