Last night at approximately 8:00, Trooper Brent Gramig stopped the driver of a Ford Mustang on Washington Avenue east of U.S. 41 for improper registration. The driver was identified as Joshua Hernandez, 21, of Evansville.
Trooper Gramig immediately detected a strong odor of marijuana inside the vehicle. Gramig searched the vehicle and discovered a small amount of marijuana, digital scales and a 9 mm Smith and Wesson pistol.
Further investigation revealed Hernandez did not have a permit to possess the firearm and he has never received a driver’s license. He also refused to submit to a chemical test.
Hernandez was arrested and taken to the Vanderburgh County Jail where he is currently being held without bond.
Arrested and Charges:
- Joshua Hernandez, 21, of Evansville, IN
- Driving While Intoxicated, Class C Misdemeanor
- Possession of Marijuana, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possessing a handgun without a Permit, Class A Misdemeanor
- Operating a Vehicle without ever Receiving a Driver’s License, Class A Misdemeanor
Arresting Officer: Trooper Brent Gramig, Indiana State Police
Assisting Officer: Trooper Ross Rafferty, Indiana State Police
Assisting Agency: Evansville Police