Saturday morning at approximately 3:35, Trooper Tyler Widner was patrolling Diamond Avenue near Kratzville Road when he stopped the driver of a 2010 Toyota for driving in the left lane at a reduce speed.
Arrested and Charged was:
- John Robertson, 23, Evansville, IN
- Driving While Intoxicated with a Passenger less than 18 years of age, Class 6 Felony
- Driving While Intoxicated (Refusal), Class C Misdemeanor
- Driving While Intoxicated-Endangerment, Class A Misdemeanor
- Operating a Vehicle without ever Receiving a Driver’s License, Class C Misdemeanor
The driver was identified as John Robertson, 23, of Evansville. Further investigation revealed Robertson was under the influence of alcohol.
Robertson also had four passengers inside the vehicle, which included a 19-year-old, an 18-year-old, a 16-year old and an 18 month old baby.
Robertson refused to submit to a chemical test. He was arrested and taken to the Vanderburgh County Jail where he is currently being held without bond
Arresting Officer: Trooper Tyler Widner, Indiana State Police
Assisting Officer: Trooper Zack Fulton, Indiana State Police