A 36 year old Shelbyville woman has been arrested by the Indiana State Police stemming from a forgery, fraud and theft investigation.
The investigation began August 15th, 2018 when a victim contacted the Indiana State Police accusing Heather Brant, a legal secretary at Lishner Law, of producing fraudulent court documents.
During the course of the investigation detectives determined Brant allegedly created false court documents and forged signatures of judges, court clerks and prosecutors.
She is also accused of theft from the law firm where she was employed.
The Shelby County Prosecutor’s Office issued an arrest warrant for Brant and she subsequently turned herself into detectives September 25th. She now faces the following charges:
- 8 counts of Forgery, a level 6 Felony
- 2 counts of Obstruction of Justice, a Level 6 Felony
- 1 Count of Theft, a Level 5 Felony
- 1 Count of Identity Deception, a Level 5 Felony
- 1 Count of Fraud on a Financial Institution, a Level 5 Felony
The findings of the investigation were turned over the the Shelby County Prosecutor’s Office. Since an arrest has been made an further inquiries into this case shall be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.