Certified residents of Salem have until Noon Friday, Feb. 8 to file at the Washington County Clerk’s office to run in the May primary for a variety of Salem offices, including Mayor.
There will be a race for Mayoral nomination on the Republican ticket. Salem businessman Republican Justin Green will seek the party nomination along with Robert “Bobby” Fletcher.
So far there hasn’t been a Democrat filing for the seat. Current Democrat Mayor Troy Merry will not seek re-election.
Current City Clerk-Treasurer: Sally Hattabaugh (R) will seek a second term.
Those filing to run in the primary for party nominations for City Council are:
- At-Large: Janine Lee (R)
- At-Large: Jody Smedley (R) Incumbent
- At-Large: Mark W. Hobson (D) Incumbent
- Dist. 1: Danny Libka (R) Incumbent
- Dist. 2: Warren “Truck” Jones (D) Incumbent
- Dist. 2: Rick Stewart (D)
- Dist. 3: Steve Crane (R) Incumbent
- Dist. 4: Gail Napier (R)
- Dist. 4: Wally Terkhorn (D) Incumbent
Candidates for the May primary must live in the City of Salem.