On March 7, 2019, Troopers from the Sellersburg Post All Crimes Policing (A.C.P.) squad began an investigation after receiving information from a concerned citizen of possible drug dealing at an address in Marengo, Indiana.
Acting on that information, Troopers obtained probable cause and were granted a search warrant through the Crawford County Circuit Court for the residence located at 82 West Dogwood Drive.
Officers subsequently located approximately 2.3 pounds of suspected marijuana and marijuana products including 64 THC-laced vape pens.
As a result of the search, Erica G. Laws, 20, Marengo was arrested on the following charges:
- Dealing in Marijuana – Class A Misdemeanor
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Marijuana – Class A Misdemeanor
- Dealing in Paraphernalia – Class A Misdemeanor
- Neglect of a Dependent – Level 6 Felony.