Earlier today, Trooper Brandon Farias was patrolling in downtown New Albany when he was alerted to a possible stolen vehicle located at 521 E. 8th Street.
When Trooper Farias stopped at the residence, he encountered Valchas L. Doss, 44, who resides at the same address.
During his investigation, Trooper Farias located a White, 2008 Chrysler 300 in Doss’s possession; the car was reported stolen out of Louisville, KY.
As the investigation continued, Valchas Doss was found to possess suspected methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, and marijuana in addition to illegally possessing a handgun.
Doss also violated several protective orders which prohibited him from staying at the residence.
Valchas Doss was arrested and transported to the Floyd County Jail without incident.
Troopers Zach Smith and Justin Mears assisted in the investigation as well as Officer Applegate from the New Albany Police Department.
Valchas Doss is charged with the following:
- Auto Theft (Prior) – Level 5 Felony
- Dealing in Methamphetamine – Level 2 Felony
- Dealing in a Narcotic Drug – Level 4 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Cocaine – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of a Handgun without Permit – Level 2 Felony
- Invasion of Privacy (3 counts) – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Marijuana – A Misdemeanor