SHARE

Washington County Treasurer Shirley Batt wants everyone to know the deadline for Fall Property Taxes is Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 5p.

Upcoming hours include:

Thursday, November 7, 2019, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday, November 8, 2019, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday, November 11th CLOSED in observance of Veteran’s Day
Tuesday, November 12, 2018, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Current tax payments can be made at FIRST SAVINGS BANK
Locations or can be left in the TREASURER’S GRAY DROP BOX located on
the south side of Courthouse.

Batt provided the following instruction to make paying your taxes easier.

  1. Bring ALL your tax statements or documents with you, AND…Know ALL of your PARCELS.
    2. Treasurer’s Office staff is NOT responsible to know all of your property.
    3. Payments are accepted in:
     Cash, Check or Credit Card.
     If paying by Credit Card an additional 2.95% will be added to your balance, with a minimum fee of $3.00.
    And paying by Credit Card does not accumulate points, like a retail store.
     Online website: www.washingtontax.net for payments with an added fee.
     Payments may also be made at any FIRST SAVINGS BANK locations.
     Dropbox is available on the south side of the porch of the courthouse. Look for the window slot; OR, gray
    payment box on sidewalk on the south side of the courthouse, located by flag pole &  handicap parking space.
    4. ALL unpaid taxes will be assessed a penalty of 5% for the first 30 days following the deadline. An additional 5% will be assessed after the 30-day period, which will total a 10% penalty.
    5. Three (3) unpaid tax installments will result in eligibility for Tax Sale.
    6. 2019 Tax Deadline: November 12th (Tuesday) for the Fall Installment. The deadline has been extended due to Veteran’s Day & Weekend.
    7. Tax Statements are mailed one time each year in late March or early April. This statement has installment coupons for both spring and fall.
    8. Any “Revised Tax Statement” will be issued from the Auditor’s Office.