Two more political hopefuls threw their hats into the ring today and were certified to run for election in the May primary.
Mark E. (Bubba) Abbott filed to run and was certified as a Republican candidate for County Council, At-large.
Emily Rodman filed and was certified to run as a Republican candidate for Surveyor.
Filed and certified as of closing on the 13th of January:
- Republican – Stephanie K. Rockey, Clerk
- Democrat – Shirley Batt, Treasurer
- Republican – Peg Schell, Coroner
- Republican – Phillip D. (Phil) Marshall, Commissioner- Dist. 1
- Republican – Rick Roberts, Commissioner- Dist. 3
Offices on the ballot in the Washington County May 5 Primary election are as follows:
- Commissioner- Dist. 1
- Commissioner- Dist. 3
- County Council- At Large- 3 seats
- Rep. Precinct Committeemen
- Rep. State Delegates- 9 delegates- At- Large
- Dem. State Delegates- 7 delegates- At-Large
- Congressional District 9
- Representative, District 73
General Election 2020
These positions will be open to voted in the Fall General Election.
- Town of Pekin Council, At-large- 2 positions
- Town of Campbellsburg Council, At-large- 2 positionsSalem
- Community Schools, At-Large- 4 positionsEast Washington
- School Corp.- 2 positions: Polk and Town of Pekin
- West Washington School Corp.- 3 positions: Madison, Posey, & Vernon Township