The Department of Natural Resources announced that all properties including state parks and wildlife areas – will not require an entry fee for the time being.
Also included in the DNR properties are state forests, fishing areas, nature preserves, and other state recreation areas (such as campgrounds and cabins).
Anyone who wants to cancel reservations they have made at DNR properties due to concerns over COVID-19 will not be charged a cancellation fee.
DNR properties will remain open, but there will be changes to their operations and services.
Property offices will have restricted access but will still remain open.
Nature Centers, Historic Buildings, Visitor Centers, Forest Education Centers, Recreation Buildings and enclosed picnic areas will be closed off to the public.
- All DNR properties including state parks, state forests, fish and wildlife areas, nature preserves and state recreation areas. Entrance fees at properties have been temporarily suspended.
- Campgrounds, cabins, inns and meeting rooms remain open for groups within current State gathering guidance.
- All Indiana DNR-managed facilities at Brookville, J.E. Roush, Salamonie, Mississinewa, Cecil M. Harden, Cagles Mill, Patoka and Monroe lakes (campgrounds, wildlife areas, and boat ramps) remain open. However, public facilities managed directly by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at or below the dams at these lakes (tailwater areas, observation mounds, etc.) are closed.
Closed or restricted
All property offices, while remaining open, will have restricted public access. For service at an office location contact information will be provided at the main entrance to the office.
- Nature Centers, Historic Buildings and Visitor Centers, Forest Education Centers, Recreation Buildings and enclosed picnic areas.
- State Park Inn pools and the aquatic center at Abe Martin Lodge until further notice.
- The exhibit gallery at Falls of the Ohio State Park’s Interpretive Center. The park remains open. The interpretive center restrooms and information desk are available.
- All group camps, youth tent and rally tent areas through April 30, 2020. Any groups with reservations have been contacted and fees will be refunded.
- Rentable recreation buildings are closed through April 30. Those with reservations have been contacted and rental fees are being refunded.
- The DNR Customer Service Center in downtown Indianapolis is closed to public visits.
For an overview of all the changes and cancellations, visit the website for the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.