Washington County has had no reported new cases of the Covid-19 virus since Sunday and is holding at 31 positive cases.
There still have been no deaths reported and as of Wednesday, there had been 186 people tested.
There has been no change in new cases since 29 cases were reported on April 19.
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) Wednesday announced that 394 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and private laboratories.
That brings to 12,438 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
The new cases and new tests reported today are lower than expected due to a technology issue and should not be interpreted as a decline in new infections.
The additional positive cases not included in today’s report will be captured in the coming days and reflected appropriately.
To date, 69,470 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 67,264 on Tuesday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 97. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Cass (31), Hamilton (12), Lake (72), Porter (10), and St. Joseph (21). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 83 positive cases, 9 deaths, and 433 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 118 positive cases, 5 deaths, and 927 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 146 positive cases, 7 deaths, and 454 people have been tested
- Brown County has 14 positive cases, 1 death, and 53 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 38 positive cases, 6 death, and 228 people have been tested
- Greene County has 44 positive cases, 4 deaths, and 313 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 97 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 451 people have been tested
- Martin County has 6 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 49 people have been tested
- Orange County has 38 positive cases, 4 deaths, and 185 people have been tested
A total of 661 Hoosiers have died to date. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov.
Cases are listed by the county of residence.
Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.
The dashboard also has been updated to make corrections based on the updated information provided to ISDH.