The Indiana Department of Natural Resources will begin opening gatehouses at state parks across the Hoosier state will once again be charging admission.
All DNR properties will resume charging entrance fees no later than May 15.
All DNR properties including state parks, state forests, fish and wildlife areas, nature preserves, and state recreation areas are OPEN.
However, some services and facilities are open:
- Indiana DNR-managed lakes, trails, boat ramps, and wildlife areas at Brookville, J.E. Roush, Salamonie, Mississinewa, Cecil M. Harden (Raccoon SRA), Cagles Mill (Lieber SRA), Patoka and Monroe lakes remain OPEN. However, public facilities managed directly by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at or below the dams at these lakes (i.e., tailwater areas, observation mounds, etc.) are CLOSED.
- Unstaffed archery ranges – OPEN.
- Restroom availability will be LIMITED. Day use restrooms and vault toilets will open at DNR properties by May 15. Until then, guests should come prepared for restroom use to be restricted.
- The Fort Golf Course and PRO Shop at Fort Harrison State Park are OPEN, with tee times available from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Self-service cart rental is available with a limit of one person per cart. Payment and reservations can only be made by phone at 317-543-9597. Please practice social distancing during play.
- Marinas are OPEN with limited operations.
- Disc Golf Courses and Fish Cleaning Stations – OPEN.
- Welcome Centers, Nature Centers, Historic Buildings, Visitor Centers, and Forest Education Centers OPEN between May 11-15, however, hours may be reduced, and social distancing may limit the number of guests allowed in the respective facility at one time.
- Campgrounds are CLOSED (tentatively scheduled to OPEN May 24). There is no overnight camping on any DNR properties.
- All property offices – CLOSED. Passes and permits can be purchased online at ShopINStateparks.com. Property maps are available online. Find contact information on office doors.
- State park inns and restaurants – CLOSED (tentatively scheduled to OPEN May 24).
- Family cabins and camper cabins – CLOSED (tentatively scheduled to OPEN May 24).
- Playgrounds, fire towers, and other similar facilities – CLOSED
- Shooting ranges – CLOSED.
- Shelters, recreation buildings, and other enclosed picnic areas – CLOSED.
- State Park Inn pools and the aquatic center at Abe Martin Lodge – CLOSED.
- Pokagon State Park: Artesian well and shelter at the end of Spring Trail – CLOSED.
- Mounds State Park: Artesian well – CLOSED.
- All group camps, youth tent and rally tent areas – CLOSED.
- Drinking fountains – OFF. Water charging stations and buckets for filling campers will be turned on as weather improves.
- Vending machines – OFF.
- The DNR Customer Service Center in downtown Indianapolis is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC but is still available by telephone (see below for number).