“Hoosiers” Screening Scheduled at Tibbs Drive-In on Thursday Night, September 17
The Indiana Broadcaster Association, which represents more than 270-member radio and TV stations (including WSLM and WRLW TV) across the state, is hosting a special screening of the movie “Hoosiers” at Tibbs Drive-In – ideal family-friendly and socially-distant entertainment — on Thursday, September 17.
Attendees are welcome to bring lawn chairs and sit outside of their vehicle, but everyone must comply with social distancing guidelines put in place by Tibbs Drive-In.
All the proceeds from the special event will be donated to support the historic Hoosier Gym in Knightstown which has been deeply impacted by COVID-19. The Knightstown locale served as the home gym for the “Hickory Huskers” in the 1986 movie.
“Like every cultural and sports facility in our state, Knightstown’s Hoosier Gym has been financially hurt by the Covid-19 pandemic. Visitors counts are down. Tournament games that normally generate significant revenue have been canceled. So, Indiana’s broadcasters are linking arms to help the iconic state landmark that has been the site of decades of memories for Hoosiers and people all over the world,” said IBA Executive Director Dave Arland.
Tickets to the Tibbs Drive-In event are $11 per person are available now for advance purchase through HelpHoosierGym.com. Gates open at 7:30pm. The screening will begin with sundown at 8:30pm.
Attendees will have the chance to win several door prizes including:
- Autographed Larry Bird basketball, courtesy of the Fort Wayne Mad Ants;
- Victor Oladipo Indiana Pacers “Hickory Edition” Replica Jersey
- Indiana Pacers “Hickory Edition” shirts and hats
- Full-size “HOOSIERS” movie poster signed by screenwriter Angelo Pizzo and director David Anspaugh
- “Eleven Life Lessons from Hoosiers” book signed by author and Hoosier Gym Event Coordinator Bob Garner and by Brad Long (who portrayed “Buddy” in the movie.)
- Tivoli AM/FM Table Radio
If you purchase the book Eleven Life Lessons at the screening, you will get a Hoosiers mini-movie poster and autographs from author Bob Garner and Hickory Husker Brad Long.