October 15, 2020, at approximately 6:50 p.m., Hollie Tingle, age 26, of Brazil, IN, was stopped for left of center, near south 7th Street and Harrison Street, by Trooper Andrew Mattern.
She was arrested and charged with:
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a passenger less than 18 years of age, Class 6 Felony
- Neglect of dependent, Class 6 Felony
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person, Class C Misdemeanor
- Operating a vehicle with a Schedule I or II substance in the body, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of marijuana, Class B Misdemeanor
- Possession of paraphernalia, Class C Misdemeanor
- Operating a vehicle without ever obtaining a license, Class C Misdemeanor
Further investigation by Trooper Mattern revealed that Tingle was under the influence of a controlled substance.
During a consent search of Tingle’s vehicle, marijuana and paraphernalia was discovered. An eight-year-old was with Tingle in the vehicle.
The Vigo County Department of Child Services was contacted, and the child was turned over to a family member. Tingle submitted to a certified chemical test and failed.
Tingle was taken into custody and transported to the Vigo County Jail.
All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.