Yesterday evening, Troopers Hurley and Vennekotter initiated a criminal investigation after receiving a tip that illegal drugs were allegedly being sold from a residence located at 201 North Bittner Street in Owensville.
Troopers arrived at the residence at approximately 6:00 p.m. and identified the tenants as Ryan Bennett, 23, and Kristina Randall, 27.
During a search of the residence, Troopers discovered a large plastic bag containing approximately 98 grams of plant-like material that later tested positive for synthetic drugs.
Troopers also located a plastic container that contained over 20 grams of an unknown powder-like substance, drug paraphernalia, and a box of plastic baggies.
Bennett and Randall were arrested and taken to the Gibson County Jail. Bennett is currently being held without bond. Randall is currently being held on a $750 cash bond.
Arrested and Charges:
- Ryan Bennett, 23, Owensville, IN
- Dealing in a Schedule 1 Drug over 28 grams, Class 2 Felony
- Possession of a Synthetic or Look-alike Drug with a Prior Conviction, Class 6 Felony
- Kristina Randall, 27, Owensville, IN
- Possession of a Synthetic or Look-alike Drug, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Class C Misdemeanor
Arresting Officers: Trooper Tanner Hurley and Trooper Alex Vennekotter, Indiana State Police