As the rate of Coronavirus continues to rise in Indiana, the Indiana Department of Health today announced that 2,765 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at the state laboratory, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and private laboratories.
That brings to 160,454 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s dashboard.
A total of 3,882 Hoosiers are confirmed to have died from COVID-19, an increase of 24 from the previous day. Another 236 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record.
According to the Regenstrief Institute which tracks recoveries in Indiana, there is now a 77.4 percent recovery rate, which had decreased over the past month.
They say 113,498 people have recovered from Covid-19
Deaths are reported based on when data are received by the state and occurred over multiple days.
To date, 1,618,331 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 1,605,596 on Sunday.
A total of 2,681,197 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since Feb. 26.
The agency also is reporting 236 total probable deaths in Indiana. Probable deaths are those for which a physician listed COVID-19 as a contributing cause based on X-rays, scans and other clinical symptoms but for which no positive test is on record.
Washington County has had 35 new cases in the past week and 111 cases of Covid-19 in October.
There was one new death this week, bringing the total to 3.
Washington County has a 12.5 percent positivity rate.
Here is a breakdown of cases around the WSLM Listening Area:
170 NEW CASES IN OUR LOCAL AREA Since Yesterday’s Numbers
3 NEW DEATHS IN OUR LISTENING AREA
- 8453 (86 New) Tests, 940 Cases, 37 Deaths 32 New Cases
- 11.2 percent positivity rate
- 9190 117 New) Tests, 1164 Cases, 17 deaths (1 new) – 20 new cases
- 8.4 percent positivity rate
- 4446 (24 New) Tests, 373 Cases, 13 deaths, 4 new cases
- 7 percent positivity rate
- 3940 (38 New) Tests, 417 Cases, 25 deaths – 8 new cases
- 7.7 percent positivity rate
- 4411 (32 New) Tests, 384 Cases, 3 deaths, 6 new cases
- 12.5 percent positivity rate
- 5990 (39 New) Tests, 534 Cases, 13 deaths – 10 new cases
- 5.1 percent positivity rate
- 27,820 (406 New) Tests, 3007 Cases, 63 deaths (1 new) – 40 new cases
- 7 percent positivity rate
- 18,152 (211 New) Tests, 1839 Cases, 68 deaths (1 new), 38 new cases
- 5.8 percent positivity rate
- 8600 (55 New) Tests, 783 Cases, 24 deaths, 11 new cases
- 4.5 percent positivity rate
- 2151 (29 New) Tests, 160 Cases, 1 deaths – 1 new cases
- 7.1 percent positivity rate