A 38-year-old Madison man was arrested Monday evening after a traffic stop led to various drug charges.
Bradley M. Randall, 38, of Madison, was arrested and booked into the Clark County Jail on the following charges:
- Possession of Methamphetamine – Level 3 Felony
- Dealing in Methamphetamine – Level 3 Felony
- HTV (Lifetime) with prior arrest -Level 5 Felony
- False Informing – Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine (Warrant) – Level 3 Felony
Around 10:30 Monday night, Indiana State Trooper Justin Smith was patrolling on I-65 near the Sellersburg exit when he stopped a driver for not wearing his seatbelt.
The traffic stop soon turned into a more in-depth investigation after the driver, later identified as Randall, continued to drive for approximately two miles before pulling over and providing false information on his identity multiple times.
As the investigation continued, Trooper Smith learned that Randall was listed as a lifetime Habitual Traffic Offender (HTV) and was also wanted out of Jefferson County, Indiana for possession of methamphetamine.
Further investigation revealed approximately 3.6 ounces of suspected methamphetamine in the car.