A 32-Year-Old Charlestown woman was arrested for dealing in methamphetamine and other drug-related charges after troopers and officers from the Charlestown Police Department searched her residence.
As a result of the investigation and subsequent search, Kayla S. Gabbard was arrested for the following:
- Dealing Methamphetamine – Level 5 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine- Level 6 Felony
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance- Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Controlled Substance- Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Marijuana- Class B Misdemeanor
- Possession of Paraphernalia- Class A Misdemeanor
Kayla Gabbard was incarcerated at the Clark County Jail without incident.
Trooper Zach Smith, with the Sellersburg Post All Crimes Policing Squad (ACP), began an investigation in February of this year when he and Charlestown Police units learned of possible drug activity at 202 Reynolds Street in Charlestown.
As a result of the investigation, Trooper Smith requested a search warrant for the property.
On Friday, the Sellersburg Post ACP team and officers with the Charlestown Police Department served the warrant and located approximately 10 grams of methamphetamine, pills, marijuana, and other drug-related items on the premises.