A Commercial Driver from Corydon was arrested Wednesday afternoon for Operating While Intoxicated as well as drug and weapons charges.
As a result of the investigation, Steven Springer Jr. was arrested on the following charges:
- Possession of Methamphetamine – Level 5 Felony
- Possession of a Handgun Without a License – A Misdemeanor
- Operating While Intoxicated, Endangerment – A Misdemeanor
- Operating While Intoxicated with Controlled Substance – C-Misdemeanor
- Operating While Intoxicated- C Misdemeanor
- Possession of Paraphernalia – C Misdemeanor
Officers transported Steven Springer to the Harrison County Jail without further incident.
Around Noon on Wednesday, Trooper Nathan Newton observed a commercial dump-truck drive off the right side of SR 135 as they were traveling south toward Fairview Church Road.
After turning west onto Fairview Church Road, the truck dove left of center several times, including on hill crests and around curves.
Trooper Newton activated his emergency lights and sirens, but the truck did not immediately stop.
The driver, identified as Springer Jr., eventually stopped on Fairbanks Road, but not before crossing over Heidelburg Road.
Trooper Newton conducted a traffic stop along with a commercial vehicle inspection.
During the inspection, he observed indicators of possible impaired driving and also performed standard field sobriety tests. Further investigation also uncovered drugs and drug paraphernalia as well as two handguns.