The Washington County Chamber of Commerce will officially welcome the Christmas Season with the Christmas Parade on November 30th. The parade will begin at 5:30pm (dusk). Entries are encouraged to have Christmas lights on their entry. Walking entries should also have lights (glow lighting or something similar).
The parade will begin from the parking lot at the American Legion Bingo Hall. The parade will travel up Main Street to the Public Square. The parade will follow normal traffic flow around the square and disperse on Walnut Street. Participants are invited to come back to the square (on foot) to watch the Lighting of the Courthouse. Awards will be announced following the Lighting of the Courthouse.
Christmas Parade Trophies will be awarded in the following categories:
- Santa Award – Best representation of the parade theme (Celebrate Me Home)
- Mrs. Claus Award – Best walking/non performing group
- Reindeer Award – Funniest Entry
- Caroling Award – Best performing entries
- Sleigh Award – best decorated vehicle
- Star Award – Most Unique
- Christmas Award – Best over-all entry